Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Three Doors Down ^^^^

1429 SE 37th Ave, Portland

Date of visit: 1/4/2009

What we had: Tortiglione With Vodka Sauce And House Made Sausage, Bucatini with meatballs, cocktails

Great location, just off Hawthorne- lots of interesting storefronts nearby. Perfect restaurant for a special occasion. Attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable waitstaff. You will need to hunt for street parking though.

The requisite bread was served with a white bean spread that was pretty tasty and a nice change from your usual butter or infused oils.

I was enjoying my whiskey sour with their house made blood orange sour mix so much that I didn't inquire as to how my gf liked her tequila-with-something drink.

The flavors in the tortiglione were intense and well-layered. This is their signature dish and doesn't disappoint. If you can't handle a little heat though, you'll want to pass on this one.

The bucatini is only offered on Sundays so I thought I'd give it a try. Thicker than spaghetti and hollow, it's like a long macaroni. The sauce was very good. Tomato-based, but not too acidic or sweet, fresh basil. Two giant, delicious meatballs. This is the dish you wish your grandma made on Sundays.

1 comment:

KirkK said...

Welcome back! I'm happy to read some new posts....just when I'm thinking about my next trip up to SEA.