Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sage's Brunchhouse ^^^

903 Rogers St NW, Olympia

Date of visit: 9/18/11

What we had: Vegetarian Samosa, Blueberry Pancakes, Hot Chocolate, Coffee

I used to live in this neighborhood and frequented this restaurant regularly. They are known for really tasty, creative breakfast offerings and after my recent move out of Washington, I wanted to have one last meal here today. Summary of brekky today in one word: Disappointment. There were around five tables occupied, including ours, at 8:30 am. We waited quite a long time to get menus, and the wait for the food was extraordinarily long. I've been there on previous occasions when they've been packed with hordes waiting for a table and the wait for food wasn't nearly as long. The hot chocolate was mediocre. The veg samosas were very over-salted. I felt like I needed to empty a well just to rehydrate after a few bites. Service was adequate, not friendly, and definitely didn't make me feel like a return visit the next time I'm in the area. Hopefully it was just an off-day, and not a sign of changes for the worst.

No comments: